Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Kaplan



Kaplan is simply amazing. For those of you that dont know, they are a company that has prep courses for US board exams.

I managed to download both the video lectures as well as the lecture notes. I even went a step further and purchased some books from Amazon. Among them is Medessentials by Kaplan. Its basically a review of all the basic sciences and system by system review. It includes anatomy, embryology(something I realised I know jack about) , physiology, pathology, pharmacology, biochemistry and pretty much every subject we've learnt so far. I really recommend this book to anyone who wants to brush up their basic sciences during this long winter break.




So far I've managed to cover embryology on a few subjects, a smattering of physio and yeah Immunology. A subject I pretty much know nothing about due to my first sem teacher being Yuri-_- The lady lecturer goes through all the major mechanisms in detail. I was pleasantly surprised to see that all the diagrams used in the lecture and tables could all be found in my Kaplan book. Now thats a good $44 well spent.

If anyone wants any of the lectures or lecture notes, just come along to my room with an empty hard drive. Anything to help my fellow comrades, I'm more than willing:)

Now back to the Immunology lectures at 530am. God they are addictive:) Best feeling is when you find you can act solve the USMLE practice questions at the end of the lecture thanks to the material delivered.

Lets all study damn hard to shake the impression that all russian grads are flops and do well together!

No comments:

Post a Comment